Wednesday, January 27, 2016

I've had enough!

Sometimes i am weak and need help. Other times I can toss down my crutches and run relatively carefree. The latter of those times has become fewer and fewer the longer I live. I long for the days when I can run, laugh, and jump for joy. Where I can laugh at what life brings. The more I focus on my future with my King and my girls the better. But some days that isn't enough. In fact, some days it's never enough and that overwhelms me. Today was one of those days. So rather than regale you with a wonderful story or tips on how to overcome I just want you to see that we all struggle some times. But there is joy in knowing what waits for us on the other side. 

I wish I had been enough.
Enough to have handled all that life threw at you. 
Enough to have held you above the rising tides. 
Enough to protect you from the harshness of being. 

I wish I had been enough. 
Enough to help you through the loss
Enough to remove all the pain and tears. 
Enough to bring you the joy.

I wish I had been enough.
Enough smiles in times of trouble.
Enough strength to carry us both.
Enough faith to bring you your miracle.

I wish I had been enough.
Enough reason to fight.
Enough reason to live.
Enough reason to stay.

I wish I could be enough.
Strong enough to fight alone.
Brave enough to live for you.
Bold enough to live for Him.

I am not enough.
Enough of a man to keep from crying.
Enough of a man to keep on trying.
Enough of a man to keep on fighting.

I want to be enough.
Enough to bring joy.
Enough to stand strong against the tides.
Enough for someone to love. 

I'll never be enough. 
Enough on my own.
Enough to save myself.
Enough without Him.

He is my enough.
Enough strength to bring strength to my weakness.
Enough grace to wash over my sins.
Enough love to help me...

Be enough. 

No comments: