Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Time heals all wounds?

Dear Time,

I am writing this letter to you to tell you that I am upset with the way you have been doing your job lately. Sometimes you don't give us enough hours in a day. And I can forgive you for that. Sometimes you are running out. But I understand that sometimes we all feel that way. I've noticed how you have not been kind to people. But I can even cut you a little slack there. However, what I can not tolerate for even one more minute is how poorly you are healing all wounds. 

You really should've come with a manual. A means of letting us know when you are up. I would appreciate it if you could give us all a guideline to follow. Maybe something set in stone. And I'm not sure who owns who so I don't know if I should even be complaining. People keep telling me that I will reach certain points in my own time. I have my very own time? Well, if you are mine I wish you would do what I need you to do. Make the good times last a long time. Longer than 15 or 26 years. Make the bad times last mere seconds. 

No, Time, you are not doing a good job at all. But it's almost like you have a government job that you know you can't be fired from. You think you are sweet when you are going slow, but you don't seem to understand that when someone is taking their own sweet time, they are not doing it rapidly. Perhaps I could trade my time in for someone else's. 

You've robbed from me for so long. You took away my younger years and exchanged them for what? For this? I'm supposed to be living the golden years but the price of gold has gotten too high for me. The only thing you have done is rob me of memories. I can hardly remember how my daughter's voice sounds. How long before you steal away the sound of my beloved? 

I think I've figured it out. I think this is my crime for wasting so much of you. If only I had listened to those older and wiser than me. Those with more experience with you. Perhaps I would have not wasted so much of you. Perhaps I would have made better use of you. I would have loved more. I would have lived more. I would have learned more. I would have shared more with others. Told more people not to waste you. Told more people to let others know how much they love their family, their friends, and even absolute strangers. 

I don't have much of you left. The grains of sand are running out. But I will use each one of them as wisely as I can so you do not get the best of me. I will love more. I will live more. I will grieve but I will allow more joy back into my life. I will not let you win. I will not let you slip away. I will make the most of you. 

Your servant turned master,

K

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Time wounds all heals

Unknown said...

This is great! Right where I am right now. So tired of hearing,"you just need more time". Really ? So glad I found your blog. We spoke by messaging today Feb 11,2016. Missing my son. Patricia Gore

Unknown said...

This is great! Right where I am right now. So tired of hearing,"you just need more time". Really ? So glad I found your blog. We spoke by messaging today Feb 11,2016. Missing my son. Patricia Gore